Sunday, January 5, 2014

Weak start for Week 1

This idea came to me during a discussion with my husband where he told me that this year we had to make every dollar count.  No more toys for the kids.  No more uneaten groceries thrown out.  No vacations.  No.  No. No.

Well anyone who knows me would guess that 'no' is my least favorite word.  I immediately thought of all of the other things we would not be able to do.  I thought this year we will have to put our life on hold.  No spending would mean no fun.  As this thoughts circled my mind, I because very self aware.  How could I be so dependant on money?  This actually sickened me.  Made me want more.  Not more money, but more meaning to my life.  The only way I could think of changing this was to make a commitment to give every week of 2014. 

Week 1 is a little weak because after I had the stroke of genius I was full of uncertainty and doubt.  I did not want to tell anyone of my plan because I was afraid I would let myself down.  That somewhere between no money and no time I would find an excuse to forget about my commitment to give.

On Sunday January 5th I stood in line at Publix to check out and noticed an opportunity to give to the Special Olympics.  I made a small $5.00 donation and now I am on my way.  51 more weeks to go.  I can do this :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment